Thursday, September 23, 2021

Walmart Clientele

A quick trip to pick up a few things from a local Walmart this morning, and it was really quite an uncomfortable and unpleasant experience.  Even more so than normal.  As you might imagine, the kind of people who frequent Walmart are the not the type of people who take kindly to a statewide mask mandate.  So you see more than your fair share of barely adequate masks or people not wearing their masks correctly.  Having your mask hanging round your chin does not count.  And people coughing under their flimsy makeshift masks is very disconcerting.  What was noticeable this time was the number of Walmart employees who were not wearing their mask over their nose, or in some cases even their mouth.  I'm not sure if Walmart requires all its employees to be vaccinated - I very much doubt it - so this surely can't be a good thing.  And then when I return to my car after having braved this viral breeding ground, I'm greeted by the unpleasant smell of urine.  And sure enough, I see the stream of piss emanating from someone else's car has run under my car.  Disgusting.  Especially when there is a restroom in the Walmart.  But judging by the age of the people going to Walmart at the time of day I was there (early to mid morning), I imagine most of them have very limited bladder control.  Or they are already wasted.        

No comments:

Post a Comment