Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Song of the Week #74

There was a community event going on in one of our neighborhood parks this evening, including some live music.  So I popped over there in the hope of finding some inspiration for this week's selection.  In a way, I was successful.  Let me start by saying that the live music was insipid - cheesy country music.  Not my bag.  And surprisingly not that loud - you'd expect the music to be booming round the neighborhood, but you could hardly hear it until you actually got into the park.  And this is a small neighborhood park.  This was really just an excuse to go for an early evening walk (the "local" park is still a 15 minute walk away, and I did a couple of laps round the park just to get my step count up).  I didn't take my wallet, but regardless I wouldn't have gone to one of the food trucks there because the queues were massive.  There were a lot more people than I was expecting - perhaps due to the lovely weather (we weren't supposed to have any more heatwaves this summer, but I've been wearing shorts again for the last few days).  I did stop to listen to a few songs, but I was done when they started to play a countrified version of a Led Zeppelin song.  So let me include the original here, to cleanse the palate from the monstrosity I just heard (think a lot more banjo instead of guitar).


No comments:

Post a Comment