Saturday, September 18, 2021

River Meadows Park

It's not quite the end of summer yet, but it feels like it is.  We've been hit by heavy rain and big winds.  It's nowhere near as bad as they said it would be, at least where I am, but enough to stop me going out.  Knowing that this bad weather was coming in on Friday, I took the opportunity on Thursday to take a long lunch and go for a hike a little further away.  Not that far - I went to River Meadows Park again, about a 45 minute drive away.  Somewhere I've been to once before, but it was a lot quieter this time thanks to it being a school day.  It's a trail that follows a nice section of a river - and a nice place to go on a sunny day.  And although the water level was low, lots of wildlife to be seen - some big fish in the river, some bald eagles (who probably had their eye on those fish), and for the 2nd hike in a row I saw a snake (don't worry - nothing big, and it quickly slithered off into the undergrowth).  The walk itself was flat and not very long - maybe about 3 miles total - but, just like the last time I was here, I managed to disorient myself and ended up doing a lot of backtracking.  The trails are not signposted at all, and my sense of direction is appalling - I maybe should have made better use of the compass app on my phone!      



No comments:

Post a Comment