Saturday, September 25, 2021

I hate UPS

I've had a couple of deliveries from UPS over the last few days.  Or at least I was supposed to have had a couple of deliveries.  It's been a disaster.  Yesterday, it was getting late and I hadn't received my package yet.  So I checked the delivery status online, and it said it had been delivered to my front door about 15 minutes earlier.  Ermmm, no it hadn't.  So I checked to see if it had been delivered to my landlord's house - but I didn't see anything on his porch.  Then I went over to another neighbors, who I don't know as well - and there it was on their porch.  It didn't look like anyone was home, so I just helped myself to the package and carried it home.  Not looking like a package thief at all (I tried to time the walk back to my home when there weren't any cars passing by - I was almost successful, but must've looked very suspicious to the one car that drove past).  I probably should have rung the doorbell of my neighbors just to check that they were indeed not home - otherwise the situation could've got very messy.  And then I was due to get another delivery today - and this required a signature.  So I couldn't do anything until it got delivered - but as I was checking the delivery status throughout the day, the delivery window was getting later and later.  Extremely frustrating when I wanted to go out.  And then I got an e-mail saying that it had been delivered.  Ermmmm, no it hadn't.  Again.  So again went round to my neighbor's houses to check whether it had been delivered there, and this time actually spoke to both of them.  But they said they hadn't got anything.  I was extremely suspicious about whether the neighbors who had received yesterday's package were lying about today's package, but what can you do.  So rechecked the delivery status, and even though it said it had been delivered it also said that the street number was incorrect and that there may be a delivery delay.  Ermmm, no the street number is correct.  And why enter the status of delivered?  What a fiasco - now the delivery is probably going to be rescheduled for tomorrow and I'm going to have to wait around all day again on the off chance that they actually deliver it to the right address this time.  Not happy.  And I'm due to get another UPS delivery in the week - what more could go wrong.      

No comments:

Post a Comment