Sunday, September 5, 2021

Tennis

I've been watching quite a bit of the US Open tennis this week - an event that I wouldn't mind going to watch one year (though knowing my luck, the day I would go would be a bit like that day in New York this week where they had that torrential rain and wind and flooding).  But as I'm watching some tennis this evening, I'm trying to remember the last time I actually played a game of tennis.  I think it's been a long while.  I don't recall ever having played a game since I moved to Seattle.  Which is quite surprising, since there are some courts not too far from where I work and I know it's been discussed with some of my work friends before.  I definitely played when I was in San Diego - in fact I remember many an enjoyable afternoon at work playing tennis with my boss.  Good times.  But I must have played since then because I've got a tennis racket and balls upstairs.  They wouldn't have come from San Diego or the UK, so is it possible I played in the year I was in Orange County, California before moving up to Seattle?  I guess so, but I have absolutely zero recollection of this - and this would have been nearly 15 years ago.  Yikes.  However, the possibility of playing sometime soon has come up.  I have a friend who is interested, though he currently has a foot injury so I don't think it's going to happen this year.  And there are some courts near where I live that we could play at.  So I hope it does happen - though I fear how bad I'll be, from both a lack of practice as well as a lack of fitness.      

No comments:

Post a Comment