Monday, September 27, 2021

Power Cuts

It's been absolutely tipping down for the last couple of days - but it hasn't been accompanied by particularly strong winds.  Nonetheless, the post-summer power outages have started happening.  I woke up this morning to see that the power had gone out and come back on again last night while I was asleep.  No big deal.  But then the power went out again this afternoon, and this was a big deal.  It happened right when I was in the middle of a big programming task for work, and naturally I wasn't saving the program regularly so lost it all when the power and the internet suddenly went out.  Beyond frustrating.  From the outage map, it looked a like a tree had come down on some lines somewhere and knocked out the power for a good 500+ residences.  After the summer we've had, I fear this could be a significantly more common occurrence this year - a lot of trees have sustained damage or just totally died following the prolonged heat we had.  I've already had one tree come down on my driveway.  I think once we get our first decent winter storm of the year with some strong winds, then an awful lot more trees will come down and cause all sorts of problems.  Which will be fun.      

No comments:

Post a Comment