Monday, September 20, 2021

Office Return Update

Despite the Delta variant running rampart in the US, we are a bit closer to returning to the office.  On 1st October, we officially move to an "Allow Work from Home" phase.  Which means we are allowed to return to the office when and how often we choose.  This corresponds to the date when all US employees have to be vaccinated (I don't know whether I'll ever find this out, but it would be interesting to know who has quit or been fired because they refuse to get vaccinated - there has to be at least one, even in the Seattle office).  Other than for an on-site flu shot, I shall not be returning to the office just yet - there are still physical distancing requirements and mask requirements that need to be followed.  I am not prepared to come into the office if I have to wear a mask all day.  Which could be a problem by 1st November.  Which is when we are scheduled to move to a "Full Return to Site" phase - at which time, everyone will be expected to work in the office.  I would be surprised if we remain committed to that date if everyone still has to wear a mask indoors (as mandated by state law) - I'm surely not the only one who doesn't want to work under those conditions.  I imagine there might also be some more flexible working from home arrangements offered - whereby we only need to come into the office a certain number of days a week.  I haven't been into the office for ages now, but apparently there are kiosks set up in the main lobby where we must pass a health screening and be issued a wristband to continue to our desk.  Dare I say, it all seems rather excessive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment