Thursday, September 9, 2021

Season Opener

It was the (american) football season opener today, and I can honestly say I don't care one bit.  It's kind of interesting how my sporting tastes have evolved.  For a long time american football was my favorite US sport, but it most definitely is not now (behind both basketball and ice hockey).  Maybe because I don't like the way the game has evolved, maybe it's the overbearing coverage, maybe it's political because of the monstrous NFL owners, maybe its the repellent local Seahawks fans, maybe its because my team (San Diego Chargers) no longer exists.  Either way, I didn't watch any of the season opener and now I've got to endure loads of post-game analysis of this instead of the much more interesting tennis coverage.  So my major indifference over baseball is now going to get extended to american football.  At least it's only a month until the ice hockey season starts, featuring the debut of the Seattle Kraken!       

No comments:

Post a Comment