Friday, September 3, 2021

Bank Holiday Weekend

It's Labor Day on Monday, one of those rare bank holidays here.  And the norm at work on the Friday before a bank holiday weekend is for upper management to send out an e-mail saying we can leave early - or in the current working from home climate, to log off early.  Did we get such an e-mail today?  Did we heck.  And so I ended up "working" this afternoon - and by "working", what I really mean is keeping my computer open so that it looked like I was online and working.  I had no intention of doing any actual work, as is tradition.  But what to make of this lack of e-mail?  Has there been a shift in thinking by upper management?  I am reading too much into this?  Are we expected to work a full day now on the Friday before a bank holiday weekend?  If so, this is a most unwelcome development.    

No comments:

Post a Comment