Sunday, February 14, 2021

Winter Storm Watch - Day 3

Hey ho, here is what it looked like this morning:

I think it stopped snowing last night, but by this morning it had started again and the snow flakes seemed much bigger.  We were forecast to get 1-3 inches of snow today, but again it seemed much more.  It only stopped snowing late afternoon.  And then we are expecting rain overnight and tomorrow - fortunately just rain and not freezing rain, as the temperatures should creep above freezing.  But it will be interesting to see what kind of mess I have to deal with tomorrow.  And I'm pleased to say that the hummingbird is still around - first thing I did when I got up this morning was to go and unfreeze the feeder.  And it wasn't long before I saw him filling up for a LONG time.  I also thought I saw some human footprints in my yard that didn't come from me, but on closer inspection I think they were actually deer tracks.  However, looks like someone's car couldn't make it up the short hill on the road outside, as I saw tire tracks in my driveway where someone had turned around.  Kind of stupid to try to take your car out in these conditions on untreated roads. 

1 comment:

  1. Untreated roads??

    I thought all you Yanks had (& used) chains ??

    ReplyDelete