Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Bad Teeth

I went to the dentist's this afternoon for a checkup and cleaning - and, remarkably, my teeth are in really good shape and didn't need any extra work.  Hurrah - busting all those American stereotypes of all British people having bad teeth!  In fact, the most worrying thing about the trip was when they took my blood pressure and it was really high.  Perhaps that was a reflection of my high levels of anxiety about going to the dentist (the only time I brush my teeth after lunch), or a reflection of my high levels of anxiety about work today (didn't have a good day) or a reflection of my high levels of anxiety due to nearly forgetting about the appointment, leaving kind of late and then getting stuck in traffic on the way there (making a 15 minute trip much longer than normal).  Whatever reason, I need to do a better job of tracking my blood pressure - especially as I've just started a new blood pressure medication which may need the dosage adjusting if it isn't working.  What an action-packed life I'm living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment