Saturday, February 6, 2021

Phase 2

I forgot to mention this earlier, but officially my part of the state entered "Phase 2" of reopening this week as part of the "Greater Seattle" region.  Basically, and controversially, this includes loosening some of the restrictions - such as allowing limited indoor dining, and limited use of gyms, cinemas and bowling alley's - though I think you'd be insane to go bowling or go to the cinema just yet.  It's controversial because the COVID rates in Seattle are still high, but also a lot of the other parts of the state that are still stuck at Phase 1 are unhappy about being left behind.  The whole phasing thing seems somewhat arbitrary - it's definitely undergone some significant changes, because I'm positive that Snohomish county (where I live) had different restrictions to King county (which includes the city of Seattle) not long ago.  I don't exactly know what the criteria are for moving from Phase 1 to Phase 2, but generally I think infection rates in our state are pretty good compared to other states.  But then I also gather that vaccination rates in our state are apparently one of the lowest in the country.  Who knows when I'll finally get the vaccine - the distribution of which also seems highly arbitrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment