Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Temperature

I suffered a serious case of anxiety this morning.  With a dentist appointment this afternoon, and knowing that they take your temperature there, I decided to take my own temperature beforehand just to check that all was good.  And it wasn't - my temperature was high, over 100.  I haven't been feeling great this week, but I haven't been feeling feverish.  Or at least I didn't think I was.  And of course, one of the main symptoms of COVID is a fever.  Hence the panic.  So obviously I canceled my dentist appointment and feared the worst.  But then I checked my temperature again about an hour later and again this evening, and it seemed to be normal.  What the hell?  Is my thermometer really that temperamental?  I clearly need to get something better and more reliable - so much for buying one of those fancy no-touch ones.  Either way, I'm not taking any chances and not going out for the next few days (although with the amount of rain we've been getting, I'm not sure I would have anyway).         

No comments:

Post a Comment