Sunday, February 21, 2021

Gale Warning

It's windy outside tonight, and there is something very disconcerting about hearing the wind whistling through the trees that surround my home.  Because one of these days, hopefully a long time in the future when I'm not living here, the winds will bring down a tree and cause extensive damage.  I already know that loads of branches and tree limbs are going to come down tonight, so I'll have to do some cleaning up tomorrow.  I think the worse that has happened since I've been here is that a tree came down across the road at the bottom of my driveway - and I think it might have actually been my landlord who went out there with a chainsaw and cleared it.  I don't think we're expecting really heavy winds tonight, but we are under a gale warning - so I won't be going out on the sea tonight!     

No comments:

Post a Comment