Wednesday, February 17, 2021

A Whole Bunch of Nothing

These blogs are a real struggle when nothing is really going on and I'm feeling uninspired.  I don't want to talk politics (Trump's impeachment was never going to happen).  I don't want to talk about Palace's recent abysmal performances against some pretty ordinary teams (we'd better get something out of our next two games against some even weaker opponents).  Work is as insipid as normal - I've got stuff to do but nothing really keeping me that busy (that will happen later in the year).  The snow that fell is still hanging around, but that was probably the one and only proper winter storm we'll get this year (and it wasn't nearly as disruptive as, say, what is going on in Texas right now).  I'm not watching any particularly exciting or interesting TV or films at the moment, nor playing any video games apart from Mario Kart once a week (I gave a lot of consideration to buying Animal Crossing - but ultimately decided against it, as I just can't see myself committing the time to play it as much as you need to).  And, as has been the case for the last year, it doesn't matter how much the world is in turmoil but nothing particularly exciting or interesting is really going on with me.  Which is kind of sad.  I need a holiday, but since I don't want to fly anywhere then my options start to become a lot more limited.  But I'm going to take some time off soon, as I think I'm quite close to maxing out my vacation allowance - and it might be a good idea to do so before I start to get busy at work again.         

No comments:

Post a Comment