Monday, February 8, 2021

Loft space?

It's difficult to describe the geography of my home, but I have this small loft space (is it loft space?  I don't know what else to call it) above my bedrooms.  Here's some photos to try to give you some idea:


So it's not like a typical loft with access via a hatch - this is actually a lot more open, but you can only get to the area via setting up a ladder.  And when the only ladder you have is an old crappy one left by your landlord, and when you have someone with my lack of mobility, actually getting up there is a real challenge.  So when the smoke alarm started beeping because it needed a battery change - it was a real nightmare clambering up there to deal with it.  But I've bought myself a bigger ladder now - so I think this area now becomes a viable option for storing things.  It's not really much use for anything else, there are no power outlets or anything, just a whole bunch of dust and cobwebs.  And some windows that I need to be able to cover up when myself or a guest sleeps in one of these bedrooms - otherwise they get way too much light in the mornings.  It shouldn't have taken me this long to deal with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment