Thursday, February 11, 2021

Gate

It seems like my landlord is putting in a gate on the driveway up to his home.  It's something he talked about a few years ago, and much like a lot of other stuff (e.g. putting up more motion-activated lights) I didn't think it was going to happen.  And now it is, I'm not happy about it.  At all.  Because I also use that driveway.  I use it to get to my mailbox, I use it when I go on a neighborhood walk, and all delivery drivers use that way to bring stuff to me.  Mainly because my own driveway is narrow, uphill and totally unsuitable for most vehicles - and there's no way I'm going to get my mail that way when it's dark and I have to walk along a section of road that is not lighted and has no sidewalk to get to my mailbox.  So I'm very nervous about the impact of this gate.  And he'd better make sure that I have access to it, and it doesn't impact any of the various deliveries I get.  I doubt my landlord has thought any of this through...  after all, this is the same guy that still has his Christmas lights up.      

2 comments:

  1. 1. Communicate

    2. If necessary, vote with your feet - the beauty of renting is that it’s easier to move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Communicate

    2. If necessary, vote with your feet - the beauty of renting is that it’s easier to move.

    ReplyDelete