Friday, February 12, 2021

Winter Storm Watch - Day 1

 This is the view that greeted me from my back door this morning:

Just a sprinkling of snow, but this is just the teaser I think for what is going to come tonight.  We’re under a winter storm warning.  The forecasters seem to be having an absolute fit trying to model this storm.  I’ve been checking my weather app a lot this week, and there seems to be absolutely loads of variability with wildly different forecasts every time I check – anything from no snow to a couple of feet.  It looks like south of Seattle got the worst of it last night – but I think everyone is going to get hit by the next band tonight.  Currently, I’m forecast to get 3-5 inches tonight and another 1-3 inches on Saturday.  We were also supposed to be getting some more snow on Sunday night in a concluding third act, but that seems to have disappeared from the forecast.  So hopefully this will pass quicker than the “snowpocalypse” 2 years ago.  But my goodness me it is cold today – it can’t have got above freezing all day.  I’ve already been out to check the driveway – kind of icy, but I think I could take my car out if I really needed to (which fortunately I don’t – I already stocked up on my groceries a few days ago).  Also refilled my hummingbird feeder that had frozen up – but I have no idea if those little guys will be out and about much today, if they even survive these kind of below freezing temperatures for the next few days.   

No comments:

Post a Comment