Monday, February 15, 2021

President's Day

It still feels like it was only a short while ago that it was the Christmas break.  And here we are, already at our second bank holiday since then.  Kind of ridiculous how front-loaded they are in the year, I don't think our next one is until May - no time off for Easter here.  And how did I spend the day?  Clearing my driveway of the snow.  What an absolute nightmare - it takes so long and it is such a work out.  With no more snow in the forecast and temperatures above freezing, I might as well do it - though it wasn't warm enough to really make it any easier.  It was fine until it started raining, and that didn't wash the snow away or turn it into slush, instead only making it heavier to move.  So I am exhausted, my whole body aches, and I dread to think how sore I'm going to be tomorrow.  But there is a certain degree of satisfaction in being able to push myself to clear all the driveway so that I can take my car out tomorrow.  The road beyond my driveway looked like it had been treated and plowed, so that's good (though it made clearing the bottom of my driveway particularly tough).  I'm glad I bought that snow shovel though.       

2 comments:

  1. “Plowed” ?!

    One of the more unfathomable (& wrong) American spellings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Plowed” ?!

    One of the more unfathomable (& wrong) American spellings.

    ReplyDelete