Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  A time for millions of Americans to travel and congregate in large gatherings, despite all pandemic advice to the contrary, and inevitably cause an even higher spike in cases.  And for what?  To celebrate the pilgrims coming to America only to kill all the Native Americans with smallpox or guns.  It's always nice to have a few official days off work - but not exactly a big deal when you're generally not overwhelmed with work anyway.  But today has not got off to a good start.  I fancied having a proper Thanksgiving meal today, but I didn't fancy having to cook it.  So I pre-ordered a meal from a local restaurant, and was due to pick it up this lunchtime.  But then got an e-mail this morning saying that my order had not gone through.  No explanation as to why, and the link in the e-mail to re-submit my order didn't work.  Great.  Fortunately I was able to submit a new order from their website that did seem to work - though now I am having a Thanksgiving evening meal rather than a lunchtime meal since my old pickup time was no longer available.  It had better be worth it.  I'm already worried about being charged twice.  If I decide to do the same thing for a Christmas dinner, then I might try somewhere else.       

No comments:

Post a Comment