Friday, November 6, 2020

Country Before Party

Blah blah blah, election, blah blah blah, time to put his big boy pants on, blah blah blah, an obese turtle on his back flailing in the hot sun, realizing his time is over, blah blah blah.  I'm sure you're as sick of all this as I am, and just want it over.  But Trump will cling onto power with his greasy little fingers for as long as he possibly can.  What a sore loser.  It's absolutely shameful the way his presidency is going down - and it's absolutely shameful that so many of the Republican Party continue to support, encourage and echo the baseless and dangerous rantings of this lunatic.  I think it's inevitable that one day I will become a US citizen, and have the right to vote here.  And when I do, I'm never going to vote for the Republican Party.  Never ever.  That is my stone cold promise right here right now.  I don't care if I increasingly lean right politically as I get older, it is just wildly irresponsible to challenge voting and democracy in the way they have in this election.  I just watched Biden's speech tonight, where he got about as close to declaring victory as he could without actually saying it - I obviously expect absolutely no reaction from Trump on that.  I think Biden is saying the right things about trying to bring the country together - even though I think that will be absolutely impossible to do while you have the likes of Fox News, conservative radio, Russian influence operations and QAnon - and in a nice touch someone nearby set off some fireworks after the speech.  I was hoping I might hear some fireworks on Tuesday night, but better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment