Sunday, November 22, 2020

Football (American)

I'm not watching nearly as much American Football as I used to - but I did catch some of the Sunday night game featuring the Raiders.  And it was weird.  Not the Los Angeles Raiders.  Not the Oakland Raiders.  But the Las Vegas Raiders.  Yes, now Las Vegas has a football team and San Diego does not.  It just doesn't feel right.  No fireworks today - but not because Seattle lost.  They actually played on Thursday night (don't even get me started on why a Thursday and not say a Saturday night).  And, sure enough, someone set off some fireworks after they won then.  I think Seattle will make the playoffs, but I think they will get torched by one of the better teams - their defense is porous to say the least.         

2 comments:

  1. Agree with your assessment of the 'Hawks' chances - way too mercurial to go deep into the playoffs.

    They are like the NFL version of Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comin' back at cha with a grumble of my own.

    In that WHY OH WHY, can we not employ the same basic rule of thumb in football with VAR as the NFL does, namely:

    'The ruling on the field stands UNLESS it can be irrefutably proved to be the wrong call"

    Makes total fucking sense & yet the FA keep ballsing it up.

    ReplyDelete