Sunday, November 8, 2020

Facial Hair

It seems to be a no-brainer to participate in Movember this year.  Since I'm wearing my mask most of the time when I interact with people, I can easily hide my pathetic facial hair growth.  I haven't shaved above my upper lip since the start of the month, but it's not exactly grown in yet - it looks more like something a Hispanic teenage boy would have.  And I hate it - it will get shaved off as soon as the month ends.  But outside my home, it will be rarely seen.  I've even just ordered some face masks to wear whilst exercising - I'm increasingly self-conscious about not having a face mask when I'm out hiking and I encounter other people on a trail who about 90% of the time have their mask on as they pass me.  I don't think it's necessary when the trails are often wide enough to accommodate both of us, but wearing a face mask is such a political statement here and I don't want to be seen as one of "those" people.       

No comments:

Post a Comment