Monday, November 9, 2020

Attacked

One of my backyard hummingbirds may be getting too big for his britches.  I had refilled the feeder, and just as I stepped out my backdoor to return it the hummingbird starting hovering in front of my face, easily within arm's reach.  And then he decided to land on the feeder whilst I was still holding it and before I even had a chance to hang it back on it's stand.  Either he was very hungry, or he is not shy any more.  I'm saying he - which is very presumptuous of me.  And a quick google search reveals that it may actually be a she.  It was the bigger of the 2 hummingbirds that regularly frequent my feeder - I assume they are a couple - and the other one is a lot smaller and lot more skittish.  I guess by the fact that they're still here means that they are here to stay and are not migrating anywhere.  I'd like to get of photo of them, so I'll have to think about how to do that without scaring them away.   

No comments:

Post a Comment