Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Plumbing

My DIY skills were put to the test today, with mixed success.  I noticed that my shower was leaking a little bit, and I had a spare shower head set from my previous abode - so decided to replace one with the other.  After initially making things worse, I realized I was missing a rubber washer and duly found one and fixed the issue - it's amazing how such a small little thing can make a huge amount of difference.   I think I have a better pressure shower now that doesn't leak, and was feeling very pleased with myself.  So decided to try to fix another issue for myself.  Pride comes before a fall.  And for such a small thing - I wanted to try to fix the washing liquid dispenser built into the kitchen sink, that doesn't actually dispense washing up liquid.  And in fact, I have made this worse.  I can't seem to fix the dispenser - the mechanism is probably clogged up with years of use and needs to be replaced.  And now the whole fixture is loose in the sink and I'm totally unable to tighten it up - I need a wrench that I don't have or a second person to help.  Time to call my landlord I think (after Thanksgiving - don't exactly want to take him away from his family for Thanksgiving for something so insignificant).

No comments:

Post a Comment