Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Glasses

I've been wearing my new glasses for a few weeks now, and I have some thoughts on them.  This is my first time with photochromic lenses, and I don't like them.  For example, I went for a neighborhood walk this afternoon, and the lenses darkened even though it was a grey and overcast day.  I don't like seeing the world through this filter when it is totally unnecessary.  I think I'm just going to get some prescription sunglasses instead in the future.  This is also my first time with progressive lenses, and they have taken a lot of getting used to.  There are still occasions when it take me a while to focus on things properly.  And as for the glasses themselves, I worry that they don't fit properly because they often slide down my nose - but then all glasses I've ever owned have tended to do that, so I suspect that has more to do with my nose than the actual glasses.  However, I still feel like the frames are a bit cheap - I'm not sure if they're going to last, and I think I should have got a better brand.  I suspect I might end up wearing the glasses that I've just ordered online - even though they were cheaper and were only intended as backup.  But they are not photochromic, not progressive and may even look a bit better.  We shall see...

3 comments:

  1. Take the glasses back to the opticians and they can adjust the arms around your ears. I had the same problem with my glasses with them slipping forward down my nose. Had it fixed and they're fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're learning the hard (but only) way.

    Most lense additituves are a pain in the arse.

    Anto glare coating creates a magnet for smears / finger marks & yes, light transisiton at best a waste of time, at worst make one look like a paedo.

    The ONLY must have is super thin lenses (my prescription makes this an absolute requirement otherwise I look bug eyed like Eddie the Eagle).

    ReplyDelete
  3. God knows what happened to my keyboard on "additives" above.

    ReplyDelete