Saturday, November 7, 2020

Lockdown

There's no lockdown here (despite Washington State posting it's highest covid infection rates this week - over 1750 new cases today).  So what better time to go out for a dine in experience for what felt like the first time in months - and indeed was my first time in months.  Despite the increasing number of cases, Washington state actually loosened it's dining in restrictions last month.  It went from something like 5 people per table who had to come from the household, to 6 people per table regardless of household.  So I met up with some friends and colleagues (and ex-colleagues) for the first time in ages.  It was at a clubhouse attached to a golf course - I didn't join them for a round, I'm nowhere near ready for that - and fortunately there was hardly anybody there when we met up in mid-afternoon, so didn't feel particularly risky.  Good to catch up with my friends, and glad that everybody seems to be doing well.  God knows when the next time I'll be able to do something like this will be, particularly if the infection rates continue to get worse.      

No comments:

Post a Comment