Sunday, March 1, 2020

Satisfaction

Felt like I achieved something this weekend.  I managed to put together an Ikea dining table by myself.  This herculean task involved emotional fortitude and superhuman feats of dexterity and strength.  The instructions were not clear, some of the pieces didn't go together like they were supposed to, I've got bruises on my leg and ass where I've been sitting uncomfortably on the ground too long, my back hurts from being crouched over so much, my hands are sore and marked from where I was trying to tighten screws that didn't want to be tightened, and I somehow managed to break some plastic bits that fortunately don't impact the structural integrity of the table.  But it looks good, seems sturdy enough, and I can add an extra leaf to extend the table if necessary.  But I'm not sure I can go through this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment