Sunday, March 8, 2020

4K

So, I was able to watch Man Utd vs Man City in 4K today.  Got to be honest, wasn't that impressed.  Although the picture looked great, it did get blocky a few times and the audio kept on cutting out.  And whereas the difference between standard definition and high definition is noticeable, the difference between high definition and 4K is barely negligible.  I think perhaps I should hold judgement - because I don't trust the quality of my cable box or cable company.  I'm definitely not getting good quality surround sound via the cable box, I think they must do something to the audio.  There are a few shows and films I can watch in 4K via Amazon Prime - but can I trust streaming?  What I really need to do is get a 4K player and watch some shows/films on 4K discs - they will have the best quality audio and video.  I think the PS5 when it comes out at the end of the year will play 4K, so that seems like the logical update from my current PS4.     

1 comment:

  1. Serves you right for watching Man U vs Citeh in the first place.

    ReplyDelete