Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Slow

An uneventful day:

I was reading online reviews of dentists, with the plan to finally book somewhere for an appointment soon – something I’ve been procrastinating about for an extremely long time.  I think I settled on somewhere that seemed to have consistently good reviews, but then found out that there is a  piece of work coming in today or tomorrow that needs a quick turnaround, is extremely high priority and is going to keep a bunch of us very, very busy for a week – so absolutely no time off work allowed then.  So the procrastination temporarily continues…

No comments on Super Tuesday.  I’m writing this before the results have really trickled down, but glad that some moderate Democratic candidates have finally withdrawn and backed Joe Biden, though fear it is too little too late to stop Bernie.  And again, that would be a disaster for the Democrats and a disaster for America.

And, my region seems to be the center of a bad outbreak of coronavirus.  Schools were shut today for cleaning and staff training on remote learning – yikes.  9 deaths so far – though they all seem to be elderly or people with preexisting conditions.  But I noticed in the supermarket yesterday that a lot of the shelves containing cleaning supplies were empty.  No surprises, we already have panic buying.  I read that apparently there is a toilet paper shortage at local supermarkets, though I didn’t go down that aisle yesterday so cannot confirm.  No disruptions to daily life yet, but I wonder how long that is going to last – because it seems like no one, particularly the American government, has any idea on how much the virus could spread and how much social/economic disruption it could cause.  And the stock market continues to be extremely volatile – which is fun for nobody.

No comments:

Post a Comment