Sunday, March 22, 2020

Tax Day

If there is one thing that the Trump administration has finally done right during this crisis, it is to push tax day from April 15 to July 15.  Apparently they only did this due to pressure from tax professionals, I remember they previously said the deadline for filing was not going to be delayed.  I haven't filed my taxes yet, but I was printing off all the documentation I need today.  And it was scary going into my investment accounts and seeing how much money they have lost.  Scary and depressing.  But really, I shouldn't worry about it too much - I don't have any plans to withdraw this money anytime soon, and I expect the stock market to eventually rebound.  It might take a while, but hopefully I will still have a decent nest egg for when I retire.  If I don't die before then!  I really need to see a professional about my finances and preparing for retirement - I think I'm making the right choices in how and how much I'm saving, but would be good to get confirmation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment