Monday, March 30, 2020

Root Canal

So.  Much.  Pain.  I don't think it's going to be a comfortable few days.  I had my root canal today - a 3 hour traumatic ordeal which involved my being strapped down to a chair, being pumped full of gas, having my jaw held open and then having my teeth attacked as I lie there helplessly.  Oh boy, those drill sounds. I'm going to have nightmares for ages.  I think the actual surgery went okay, but the work isn't complete - I still need to get a crown.  But that will have to wait until the restrictions on dentistry are lifted.  But for now, my mouth is in absolute agony.  I can't eat hard foods, it hurts too much.  Particularly where the work took place, but my whole jaw hurts from being held open for so long.  Hopefully the pain will subside in a day or two.  I don't want to go back there anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment