Saturday, March 21, 2020

Sacrifices

As we get used to this new world of social distancing, lockdowns and empty supermarket shelves - we all have to make sacrifices.  Whether it's working from home, not being able to go out, or having to change long ingrained habits and routines - it's tough.  I need a haircut, but I don't know when I'll be able to get one.  But a bigger concern for me is that I need to see a dentist, but I don't know when I'll be able to do that either.  I've got a damaged tooth that I think I lost a bit more enamel from in the last few days.  The problem is that I think in Washington state, the only dentistry currently allowed is for emergency use i.e. pain or infection.  Unfortunately, I'm not experiencing either of these just yet.  I'm going to contact a dentist anyway - in the hope that they can at least take a look at my tooth, even if they can't do any work on it yet.  The irony is not lost on me - so many years of not seeing a dentist, but when I finally want and need to see one I can't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment