Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Food

I feel better today, although my tooth still hurts when I put too much pressure on it.  Hopefully this won't last.  But it means soft foods only for the time being.  Like today - soup for lunch, pasta for dinner, and if I had any then ice cream for dessert.  The last time I went to the supermarket, I couldn't get hold of any mince - so I bought a protein-based substitute instead.  Which is what I used to make the pasta sauce this evening.  And it was weird, to say the least.  The "meat-substitute" didn't brown like normal mince, so I wasn't sure if it was cooked through properly.  And it had an entirely different texture and tasted very strange, overly seasoned.  I thought the actual pasta sauce might dominate the flavor, but nope it didn't.  I think this will be a one off.  And I am clearly never going to be a vegetarian.  As I write this, not long after finishing my meal, I feel alright - but I wouldn't be surprised if I have some sort of "digestive reaction" to it later.   

No comments:

Post a Comment