Friday, March 6, 2020

More of the Same

It seems this blog is devolving into political or virus posts.

On the political front, sad to still see adverts airing for Michael Bloomberg and Elizabeth Warren, even though both have dropped out of the Democratic race.  All that money that must have been spent in advance, totally wasted.  At least Bloomberg is now going to spend some of his vast wealth on attack adverts against Trump - if I had $20 billion, I would probably do the same.  Clearly the Democratic race has come down to a 2 horse race, between two old men with vastly different ideologies - going to be interesting to see how it goes down, though looks like Biden has the inside track to victory now.  Our state votes next week - and I totally predict a Bernie victory here.

But with the virus cancelling all kinds of events and gatherings in the region, who knows if this election will go ahead then.  Schools are closed, offices are closed, downtown and tourist spots hardly have anyone there now.  In all honesty, probably a good time to visit if you don't mind the risk!  Today, we were finally told we were required to work from home for "the next several days" - though I suspect it will be for a lot longer than that.  Far from ideal, I am not set up to work from home at all - I don't have any monitors (I have 2 on my desk at work), so I have to rely on just a small laptop screen.  And this couldn't have come at a worse time with the amount of work that has just come in.  I've got to work over the weekend.  Fun.   

No comments:

Post a Comment