Monday, March 23, 2020

Stay at Home

On the same day that the UK announces stricter restrictions on staying at home, so does Washington state.  We are supposed to stay at home for the next 2 weeks, other than for "essential" reasons.  Think grocery shopping, going to the doctors, and presumably also to pick food up from restaurants, since they are still providing take-out.  And also for exercise - but apparently we need to maintain a six-foot distance from others when walking or running, though is that really going to be enforced?  I think we can now expect the already somewhat empty supermarket shelves to quickly become very empty now.  I went this morning and there was a lot less stuff available than before - the one thing I couldn't get that I really wanted was pasta.  I might have to start eating a pasta sauce with rice.  How have we come to this?  Its insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment