Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Census Day

Today was Census Day in the US - which is the day when everyone in every household should be counted.  I think I filled mine in online a few weeks ago - which took all of 5 minutes.  I know there was lots of controversy about whether they were going to include a question about the citizenship status of everyone, but I guess they decided to exclude it.  I'm sure there was "no" chance that the private information wouldn't have somehow got to ICE.  I don't think the census is a high priority for many people right now, so I don't imagine the completion rate is very high.  The literature that came in the mail about it made clear that everyone is federally mandated to provide the information, but I don't know if and how they are going to enforce that - especially in light of the current environment.  It's not like you can send someone round to collect the information door-to-door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment