Friday, January 3, 2020

Switch

Having had the opportunity to see and play some Nintendo Switch over the festive period, I’m quite keen to get one of my own now and get some revenge on certain family members in an online game of Mario Kart.  I’m quite disheartened by how over-complicated some of the best Playstation games are nowadays, but the Switch games seem a lot more fun and more playable.  However, things are not as straightforward as I thought.  Firstly, I have apparently missed the boat in terms of getting good value in purchasing the system.  All the good deals seem to have been around Black Friday and prior to Christmas, and now they are sold out or being sold on at exorbitant prices.  So the Mario Kart 8 bundle I wanted to get is not readily available.  Secondly, it appears that you have to pay extra for online play.  It’s not exactly a lot of money, but kind of sad the way they bleed you dry.  And despite paying for the online experience, it looks like you still need to download a smartphone app in order to voice chat with other players and engage in some obligatory trash talking.  But that doesn’t put me off, I think I will still buy one soon.  Just not this month – I’ll check for deals again next month, when hopefully they are re-stocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment