Monday, January 13, 2020

Snowed In

Well, this is what I woke up to this morning:







Actually, not a surprise.  It had been forecast, it started snowing on Sunday afternoon (too warm to settle, at least while the sun was up) but just wasn't sure how bad it would be.  Although not as extreme as last year, enough to still have an automated message sent out by work and enough to keep me snowed in.  So although I was theoretically "working from home", actually spent most of the day clearing my driveway (I think my body is going to be sore tomorrow).  We have extremely low temperatures forecast for the next few days, so I didn't want all that snow to turn into ice.  So my driveway should be good (unless it snows again), but the local roads will ice over (and, at least where I am, are low priority for getting treated) so I don't think I'm going anywhere anytime soon.  The best thing about the snow is seeing the animal tracks - I haven't seen any rabbits for ages, but it looks like there are still some around, and that makes me happy.  And hopefully the moles will freeze to death.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to disappoint, but thermal conditions underground are better.

    That's why hibernating animals tend to cocoon themselves underground.

    The Moles will be partyin' - all nice,warm & cosy.

    Moles 3 - 0 Homo Sapiens Mansfield

    ReplyDelete