Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Snowed in Day 2

Today wasn't a good day.  I only stepped out of my house twice - once to go to the dustbin, and once to go to the mailbox.  It didn't get above freezing all day - and REALLY cold overnight.  My driveway is like an ice rink now - and it's not going to be much warmer tomorrow.  Take a look at how the melting snow then froze overnight:


Not a chance in hell I'm going to take my car down my steep driveway when it's as slippery as that.  Which is unfortunate, because it looks like the road at the bottom of my driveway has been treated and is clear.  There is the potential for snow tonight, so I doubt I'll try to clean my driveway until the temperatures go up.  But I'm in no hurry because my back is aching and my body is really sore after all the show shoveling I did yesterday, which seems like a bit of wasted effort now.  And, just to make things even more interesting, it's getting windy tomorrow - and the winds are coming from the east, which is not the normal direction.  So I think the potential for trees coming down and power cuts is high.  Joy.

1 comment:

  1. For Gods sake, never volunteer for an Alaskan survival course Chris.

    Maybe an employment search based in the Hawaii zip code area is the way forward for you.

    ReplyDelete