Monday, January 6, 2020

Desynchronosis

I’ve been back over a week now, yet my body clock is still totally messed up.  Is this what happens when you get older?  I think I’ve fallen asleep in front of the TV almost every evening since I’ve been back, and then I’m wide awake at about 4 am every morning.  I don’t remember this kind of jet lag lasting as long on previous occasions, and this time definitely feels worse.  Perhaps I am slowly getting back to normal.  I know that on New Year’s Eve I went to bed about 8 pm, and if there were any fireworks then I slept through them (unlikely with the bad weather, the high winds caused the show to be cancelled at the Space Needle – for the first time in its history).  Yesterday, I went to bed about 11 pm, but I had fallen asleep in front of the TV sometime around 10 pm.  So I’m gradually getting back to a more sensible bed time, but for the moment I’m still waking up in the very early hours.  So apparently the number of hours sleep I’m getting is going down by the day.  Which is disturbing.  I need another vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment