Monday, January 20, 2020

MLK Day

A day off work today thanks to it being Martin Luther King Day.  Though I always welcome a company holiday, this seems to be the most wasted holiday day of the year.  It's too soon after the holiday shutdown over Christmas, the weather isn't great, you don't really think about planning to do anything this weekend, and invariably you forget that this is even a holiday.  I know I did until my manager reminded me last week. Obviously not much you can do about when Martin Luther King's birthday was - but I so wish we had a company holiday at another time of the year.  We don't have any time off for Easter - what about then?  Or, if we're trying to be more environmentally conscious, what about taking Earth Day as a company holiday?  Either of those would be in April - a much better time of year to get away for a weekend.  Or how about sometime between 4th July and Labor Day - that's peak getting away time.  But no, instead it's now and it feels like just a wasted long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment