Monday, January 27, 2020

Conspiracy

This is telling.   They recently announced this year's departmental promotions.  My manager got promoted.  My previous manager got promoted.  My previous manager before that got promoted.  These are all the managers that I’ve had since returning to this company.  And my last manager before I quit is the head of the department.  Clearly, everyone has no problem stepping over me as they climb the corporate ladder – people should be clamoring to be my manager!  I congratulated my current manager – who I think deserved the promotion – but have not and will not say anything to the other two as I do not think they were worthy.  But hey, I’m just a lowly soldier in the trenches – so it doesn’t matter what I think.

2 comments:

  1. "people should be clamoring to be my manager!"

    You should be more vocal about this "rabbit's foot" statistic, it's a really cunning way of selling yourself via the back door - without any braggadocio insinuations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Clamoring is dreadful "US" spelling. We invented English, please do NOT Americanise by removing the "u" in ...our... words.

    ReplyDelete