Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Impeachment Blah Blah Blah

I think this year I will be cutting down on my politics blog posts.  This despite it being an election year.  I’m just done with politics – too partisan, too unpleasant and too farcical.  Take the Senate impeachment trial that started today.  What an absolute sham.  The outcome has already been decided – and been decided on party lines.  So why go through the farce of this kangaroo court.  It is just ridiculous.  I think anyone with an iota of common sense knows that Trump is guilty of impeachable offenses – and not just the ones that he is being tried for.  But there isn’t a chance in hell that Republican senators will impeach him.  So why bother.  Equally, I am done with the Democratic leadership contest.  This has dragged on for way too long, done nothing but ruin the credibility of the Democratic party, and boosted Trump’s re-election chances (especially if Bernie or Elizabeth Warren win the leadership – they don’t stand a chance in hell of winning a presidential contest, so I don’t understand why they even put themselves forward).  I am sick to death of seeing ads for Mike Bloomberg on TV – there are just so many, he must be spending an absolute fortune on them and he isn’t even one of the leading contenders.  So, similar to a post from a few days ago and again apologies for the bad language, but I don’t give two sh*ts about politics right now.

1 comment: