Saturday, June 4, 2016

Thwarted Road Trips

This is the 2nd weekend in a row in which I'd planned to take a road trip but have canceled at the last moment.  I haven't been feeling well recently so haven't felt up to doing a long weekend of driving round the Olympic peninsula.  It must be serious because I actually had to take a sick day at work this week because I was genuinely feeling sick!  I think it might be the perfect storm of allergies, lack of sleep, aching body and insect bites (my left ankle area is absolutely ravaged by bites, and I have no idea when it happened - it looks like a lone insect had an absolute feast on my sugar and fat heavy blood!).  Jeez, I'm getting old!  I think the worst symptom is definitely the headaches (which may even be migraines) I'm getting in the morning after a restless night of only a couple of hours of sleep.  This has happened several times now, and is really horrible - I liken it to a terrible hangover where your head is thumping with the rhythm of your bloodstream.  Fortunately, I have started to feel a bit better last few days so hopefully I'll get back to normal - and hopefully the weather will stay good so that I can complete these road trips in the weekends ahead.  The weather is so unreliable in the Pacific NW (or at least it used to be?) that it seems like such a tragic waste when you don't make the most of a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment