Tuesday, June 28, 2016

OCD

Got a bit OCD over the weekend concerning my bluray collection and making sure that I had redeemed all my digital copies of films/TV series before they expired.  A completely pointless exercise since I have absolutely no desire to watch any of these digitally with inferior sound and picture quality.  However, got super obsessed with Breaking Bad when I realized a  single episode was, for no apparent reason, not showing up in my digital library.  After being given the run around, eventually ended up in an online chat with someone called “Martin” (not real name, I suspect I was talking to someone in India since I think the chat used a universal translator) at 1 am who eventually added the missing episode to my collection.  A total waste of time, but at least I achieved my goal (even managing to get a digital copy of The Clockwork Orange, even though the redemption code had expired in something like 2012).  Don’t even get me started on the ridiculous nature of digital copies – it seems there is no universal standard, so I can’t have everything nicely saved in one place.  Instead, my digital copies are split between iTunes and something called Flixster Video.  But as I say, I doubt I will ever watch any of these digital copies so really a complete and utter waste of some of my weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment