Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Allergies

My allergies have exploded today – I’ve been sneezing all day and my nose is a running mess.  It always seems to be this time of year – I remember sniffling through exams at school and university.  I have no idea what the specific pollen is that causes this – but currently there is a local pollen alert in Seattle with a very high grass pollen count.  With another weather alert about hot weather for the upcoming weekend, I think it’s only going to get worse.  I’m sure my cube neighbors at work are loving me with my constant sniffing and sneezing and labored breathing.  And it’s not like I can avoid pollen – I’m not going to stay cooped up inside when the weather is nice and I want to get out at lunchtimes and evenings to keep my step count up.  Maybe time to buy some dubiously effective over-the-counter antihistamines to see if they help.  And since I’m still not sleeping very well at moment, they have the beneficial side effect of making me feel drowsy as well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment