Thursday, June 30, 2016

Christmas Plans (in June)

In a controversial move, I booked my flights back to the UK for Christmas today.  Extremely early, but I wanted to capitalize on potentially cheaper prices with the pound-dollar exchange rate it currently is (currently 1.33 dollars to 1 pound), and also so that I’ve already got the time booked up in my calendar before things inevitably get crazy busy at work and I’m not allowed any time off (I haven’t been busy at all this year so far, but like a massive storm on the horizon you know the work is coming and when it hits it’s going to be absolutely horrible).  I don’t know whether I actually got a good deal (if I get upgraded from premium economy to business – which generally I’ve been pretty lucky with on my past transatlantic flights – then it will definitely be worth it!), but it’s booked now so I’ll be back home for 3 weeks.  Knowing my luck, Britain will somehow contrive to make things even worse than the quagmire they are currently in, and the exchange rate will slip even more and I lose out on an even better deal…  As for what I’ll do when I’m back, I don’t know yet.  I have been toying with the idea of going to Barcelona for a few days but I don’t know whether I’ll follow through with that.  Either way, it will be good to be back and even though it’s a long 6 months away already looking forward to it!   

No comments:

Post a Comment