Thursday, June 9, 2016

Apartment Woes

I hate my apartment.  Not quite as much as the one I had in Austin, but it’s getting close.  The most recent discovery is just how hot my apartment gets in warm weather – we’ve just had a stretch of weather that was the hottest it has been since I moved in, and apparently my living room heats up like an oven.  Which is nice.  On top of everything else, I think this might be the final straw - I’m going to move out when my lease ends.  I’ve said that before in previous rentals and have ended up overstaying my welcome, but this time I have to commit to it.  I’m done with apartments (or at least crappy apartments like this) and the noisy, smelly, disrespectful neighbors that come with that – I would love to try something different, like a house or townhouse.  That’s not to say that I won’t find something new to complain about, but I think I have to at least try to upgrade my living situation and not settle – something I’m prone to do in all aspects of my life.  I might even go to the office to see if I can break my lease early – but I suspect there will be a significant financial penalty to doing that, and I don’t want to give those bloodsuckers any more of my money than I have to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment