Wednesday, June 8, 2016

PS4

I finally did it.  After much deliberation and cogitation, I have upgraded my PS3 to a PS4.  This was a difficult decision.  I’m at an age where my passion to play video games has substantially diminished – in fact, I own several PS3 games that I don’t think I’ve even played once.  And the timing of my decision is questionable – there are rumors that Sony are going to release a PS4.5 later this year.  However, I couldn’t resist the call of the siren.  And coming across a good deal on eBay – I decided to pull the trigger.  And so, I’m now the proud owner of a PS4!  It could be argued that this is a total waste of money – I can play blu-rays and watch the same streaming services on my PS3 than I can on my PS4, without any discernible drop off in quality of picture or audio.  But I think the relatively small outlay of $350 was worth it.  And there are a couple of games that I will play – I’ve always been a big fan of the Grand Theft Auto series, so I’m very much looking forward to playing the most recent version of that on the PS4, there is also a puzzle game called The Witness that had previously caught my attention, and I suspect I will also buy Doom, a revamped version of a first-person shooter I remember playing a lot back in the day (20 years ago?!).  Naturally all of this is counter-intuitive to my desires to exercise and get out and about, so I just need to strike the right balance between indoors and outdoors (which was always an issue anyway, with the amount of TV and films that I want/need to catch up on!).  And, as I’ve already discovered, getting the optimal setup for my PS4 with the rest of my home entertainment system is going to test my patience and my technological know-how….   

No comments:

Post a Comment